Upstream Oil Production
Anvil has designed hundreds of projects for Upstream Oil Production clients-from grassroots facilities to drillsites and pipelines.
Upstream Production Solutions & Services
Our team of experts has extensive experience in helping clients resolve the issues around oil production installations, transportation, and delivery systems. Our experience includes the following projects:
- Grassroots Production Facility project to install a 25,000 BPD facility on the Western Cook Inlet in Alaska.
- Gas Expansion project to install a new Gas Lift Compressor (GLC) and upgrade the existing gas injection compressors to increase gas-handling capacity
- Gas Turbine Power Generation project to install a Power Generation Plant on Alaska's North Slope.
- Large Scale Enhanced Oil Recovery project to Recommission the Oliktok Pipeline
- Drillsite projects, including the Tarn Drillsite project that installed two grassroots drillsites and facility infrastructure as well as cross-country infrastructure.
Modular Design Services
We are experts in designing and fabricating modules for both refinery and Alaska North Slope facilities, and have close relationships with several local fabricators. Our experience includes:
- UOP CCR fabrication, transportation, and erection modules
- Piperack modules
- Crude and Sulfolane units for North Pole refinery as truckable modules
- Alaskan North Slope processing facilities, including Kenai and Kuparuk.
Install a new Gas Lift Compressor (GLC) and upgrade the existing gas injection compressors to increase gas-handling capacity at an Alaska North Slope facility. Project also upgraded overhead power lines, and installed new distribution equipment and load shed systems.
Anvil provided engineering and design services within the client's stage-gated project development process-from early front end planning through execution and startup. Services included:
- FEL2 engineering and cost estimating
- FEL3 Definition and final engineering and detailed design
- PHA Reviews
- Procurement planning and bids for long lead equipment
- On-site Field Support during construction and startup.
- FEL3 phase received a 4.0-Best project rating
Grassroots Production Facility
Engineer and design a grassroots 25,000 BPD facility in the Western Cook Inlet of Alaska. The project included modifying the Osprey Platform for production. Anvil provided the following engineering and design services:
- Civil Design
- Structural Design
- Mechanical Design
- Piping Design
- Electrical Design
- Control Systems Design
- Commissioning & Startup
- Electrostatic Participators (ESPs) with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Pipeline Tie-ins
- Pipeline Leak Detection
- 15MW remote Site Power Generation and Transmission to Osprey and West MacArthur
- Site-to-Site Communications